Are You Living Under a Curse or Blessing?
Many people do not want to speak about or admit that the evil of demonic forces or curses does exist. Must we accept and realize that these forces do exist? According to Ephesians 6 there is a spiritual war that is taking place right now and whether or not you want to be part of it, it is a reality. The Bible speaks about the evil or demonic forces more than 1 800 times.
In Mark 16:17-18 it says : “17And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
Even in the Our Father prayer Jesus leads us to pray every day… “Deliver us from evil…” because he knows it is a daily struggle. The evil one walks around like a roaring lion looking to see who he can destroy.
Most people believe that it is very rare cases for someone to be demonically possessed or that you need to be involved in the occult before you will need deliverance. This is not true! The bible is very clear in saying that normal people were sick, some were deaf, some even blind because of demons. Jesus freed them from these demons and chased out the deaf and dumb spirit of those affected by hearing.
This is clear in Luke 3:11, Mark 9:25 and Matthew 12:22. There may also be bloodline curses in your generation line which may be the cause of continuous miscarriages, illnesses or financial oppression, divorce, etc. Ungodly soul ties which may have been created by molestation, rape or sex without a contract can also be an open door for the enemy to keep you in bondage.
You do not even have to leave your home to get exposure with the enemy, on your computer, pornography, occult games and movies are easily accessible and these can open doors for demonic oppression or possession. Ephesians 4:27 “And do not give the devil a foothold.”
According to Deuteronomy 23:14 you may even have items in your home that can be the cause of illnesses and oppression. But once the home has been cleansed from all items that may be connected to evil, the illnesses also had no more legal right.
If you are experiencing one or more of the below signs or symptoms, then it may be a sign that you are in need of prayer or deliverance.
- Sickness in your family, especially diseases that are repeated from one generation to another such as cancer, heart problems, miscarriages, etc.
- Financial problems – this is constant financial issues and businesses that continuously unsuccessful.
- Marriage problems and divorces that are also carried over from one generation to another.
- Attempted suicide or suicidal thoughts.
- Homosexuality or thoughts of homosexuality, masturbation.
- Pornography addiction and unusual sexual behavior.
- Constantly telling lies.
- Low concentration levels, constantly been distracted.
- Filled with fear and anxiety.
- Sleeplessness or experiencing a restless nights sleep.
- Miscarriages, still born babies, deformed babies.
- Uncontrollable aggression, anger, outbursts of rage.
- Personality changes often.
- Can’t pray or read the bible.
- Addicted to drugs, alcohol or smoking.
- Freemasonry in your bloodline.
- Hear voices speaking to you.
- Seeing spirits in your home or room.
- Imaginary friends.
- Cannot forgive easily or ever.
- Items or figures moving around in your home.
Can a Demon Attach Itself to a Christian?
The answer is YES.
Once a person has given his life to Christ, he is a new creation. In many cases the legal right that can cause the enemy to still keep that new creation in bondage of addictions, illnesses, depression, etc, still needs to be broken through deliverance.
You may not always be demonically possessed but under the influence of demonic forces as a result of open doors that the enemy had over the person’s life. Demons can enter the soul and the flesh of the believer only when there are open doors but never in the spirit as the spirit belongs to God our Father.
The soul is where your thoughts and emotions begin. Demons can therefore bring fear, addiction to pornography, cause sickness in our bodies, etc.. To summarize this, it does not matter if you are a believer or a non- believer, if there are open doors then you are at risk of been demonically possessed or oppressed.
The Good News is You can be Free!
Jesus did not allow demons to harass his people. The bible tell us that Jesus is a healer and this includes driving out demons. This means that those that were sick had to get help. The first step to being truly free is giving your heart to Jesus Christ of Nazareth and to turn away from sin.
Acts 2:17-18, Mark 16, John 3:3-5, Isaiah 61:43, Matthew 18:18-19. Prayer or deliverance will break all chains that the enemy may have on you. It will release any bloodline curses and sickness so that you can truly live life in abundance. Read Psalm 71:18, Ephesians 6:1-3, Deuteronomy 32, Hebrews 13:7